Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Super Sluts in Today's Society

          What is a "slut"? Everyday you hear someone call a girl a "slut". Words like this can be very deteriorating to someone's self-esteem, especially if it's undeserving. Personally, I am not one to judge but I have always been intrigued by the concept of what one person views as slut, another views as conservative. I have heard of girls who have been called sluts, yet have only slept with two guys. If we can all agree that two people is not a significant amount then what is it that urges people to call others such a derogatory name. I have also heard a girl be called a slut THE DAY after she lost her virginity.....what? Exactly. That doesn't make much sense. Where is it that this stems from? Jealousy?



          Girls can be the most judgmental, conniving people. Seriously, it is scary how much damage some girls are capable to do to others. Luckily, this kind of emotional, mental warfare usually stays separate from the sexes and I have been fortunate enough not to deal with this kind of opposition. Although I do not throw the term around, I view a "slut" as a girl that gets with two or three guys in a night and does it on a pretty consistent basis. I do not know too many girls who are like that, therefore I do not usually use the term often. However, some people have much looser terms and conditions for what deems a girl a "slut". I have always thought of a slut like this


          Before I end this blog think about this. In the 1920s the town "slut" was the girl that went to the beach with  a bikini on, nowadays the girl on the beach without a bikini on is the outcast. 



          This concept brings up this thought. Does the changing of the times bring along the change of society's view of the promiscuous? In a generation driven by sex do you think that it's possible that the woman you view as a slut now, in 15 years could be viewed as extremely conservative?

No comments:

Post a Comment